CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – A Chicopee man went to the hospital Friday night after a structural fire.
Deputy Fire Chief Wayne Lemay told 22News the call came in at around 6:30 Friday evening, for a fire at 63 Charpentier Blvd in Chicopee. He said a 48-year-old man burnt his hands.
One neighbor said after hearing the commotion, he wanted to make sure his neighbor was safe, “It’s a scary thing to have happen and nothing no one wants to see in their neighborhood. From what I know, we heard everyone is okay and we just hope that’s the case,” said Jason Dout of Chicopee.
Chief Lemay added that the injured man was able to drive himself to the hospital, before emergency responders arrived.
The start of this fire is still under investigation.