CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Many would argue that chia seeds are among the healthiest foods on the planet.
Jessica Brothers, Nutritionist & Owner of The Fit Club in Palmer showed us a healthy ‘breaded’ chicken recipe using chia and flax.
Healthy ‘Breaded’ Chicken
-1 lb organic, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
-3/4 cup ground flax seed
-1/4 cup chia seeds
-1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
-1 teaspoon oregano
-1/2 teaspoon basil
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-2 organic eggs
-fresh ground pepper and sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400˚
2. Lightly grease or spray a bake sheet
3. In one bowl, mix together flax, chia, cheese, spices and garlic for the ‘breading’ mixture
4. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs
5. In an assembly line, place chicken into egg mixture, then ‘breading’ mixture, and then place onto bake sheet, until all chicken is ‘breaded’
6. Discard any remaining egg or ‘breading’ mixture
7. Cook chicken for about 25 minutes or until proper temp of about 165˚, making sure to turn over halfway through.