CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – After winning 10 games in a row this season, the New England Patriots have struggled to find a win the past couple of weeks. Now they face the Houston Texans, who have been winning lately, but are coming off a loss in Week 13 against Buffalo.
FINAL GAME SCORE: Patriots 27, Texans 6
Week 13’s loss against the Philadelphia Eagles shocked a lot of Patriots fans who were hoping to see the team bounce back after their first loss in Week 12 against the Denver Broncos. However, the panic button hasn’t been pressed yet. Despite the losses, the Pats are still on top of their division and have a good chance of making the playoffs.
How the team will be structured throughout the rest of the Regular Season and into the playoffs is another issue. Even during the 10 game winning streak this season, New England has lost players on offense and defense. Lately, TE Rob Gronkowski has a minor knee injury and WR Julian Edelman is recovering from foot surgery. Plus, WR Danny Amendola, TE Scott Chandler, and LB Dont’a Hightower are all dealing with knee injuries. The list goes on and on.
Houston is not immune from the injury bug. J.J. Watt, arguably one of the best defensive players in the league right now, has a broken hand. This is not good news for the Texans who have lost to the Patriots four of the last five times the two teams have meat in the Regular Season.
- Sign up for WWLP Sports Text Alerts
The only time the Texans beat the Patriot, it was the last game of the 2009 Regular Season, and backup QB Brian Hoyer played after QB Tom Brady was relieved. Now, Hoyer is the quarterback for the Texans.
Another familiar face New England will face in the game will be legendary Patriots DT Vince Wilfork. Wilfork went to Houston after Patriots didn’t pick up his option in March. He was a first-round pick in 2004 by the Patriots, and played 11 seasons with the team, winning two Super Bowl championships in 2004 and 2014.
- Week 1: Steelers 21, Patriots 28 – WIN
- Week 2: Patriots 40, Bills 32 – WIN
- Week 3: Jaguars 17, Patriots 51 – WIN
- Week 4: BYE WEEK
- Week 5: Patriots 30, Cowboys 6 – WIN
- Week 6: Patriots 34, Colts 27 – WIN
- Week 7: Jets 23, Patriots 30 – WIN
- Week 8: Patriots 36, Miami 7 – WIN
- Week 9: Redskins 10, Patriots 27 – WIN
- Week 10: New York 26, Patriots 27 – WIN
- Week 11: Patriots 20, Buffalo 13 – WIN
- Week 12: Patriots 24, Broncos 30 – LOSS
- Week 13: Eagles 35, Patriots 28 – LOSS