CHICOPEE, Mass (Mass Appeal) – Our series on ‘Herbs: A to Z’ continues with herbs that begin with the letter ‘W.’ Carol Joyce is the Owner of White Buffalo Herbs in Warwick, shared more about herbs Echinacea, Elderberry, Eucalyptus and Eyebright.
Lavender Witch Hazel (Face Toner)
- 1 ounce organic Witch Hazel
- 1 z. Bottle
- 4-10 drops organic Lavender Essential Oil
- 1.Pour Witch Hazel into container
- 2.Add essential oil (Rose can be substituted to moisturize but use true Attar of Rose )
- 3.Add sugar to fill, loosely.
- 4.Add sprayer top..
- 5. Shake before use.
- Use this as a facial toner. A little goes a long way. May be applied with a cotton ball instead of sprayer.
Willow Bark Tea
- 1 sprig of willow (scrape about 1 Tablespoon per cup)
- 1 cup boiling water
- Stainless saucepan
- Tea strainer (optional)
- 1.Scrape bark off twig into a stainless pan..
- 2.Pour water over & simmer for 5 min.
- 3. Strain.
- Drink 1 cup for headaches or mild pain.
To follow our series on Herbs ‘A to Z’ click here.