Six people are homeless after house fire in Springfield

The fire started in the kitchen

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A house fire in Springfield’s Mason square neighborhood Saturday afternoon has made the six people who lived there homeless.

The Western Massachusetts Red Cross is helping the residents who lived in this two and a half story home at 29 Terrence Street.

Springfield fire department spokesperson Dennis Leger told 22News the fire started in the kitchen, and, because it’s such an old house, quickly worked its way through the attic.

At this point the arson squad isn’t quite sure how the kitchen fire began.

Red Cross volunteers arrived quickly to help the fire victims with food, clothing and locating a temporary place for them to spend the night.

Comments are closed.