SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A roofer’s torch is believed to have caused a fire that damaged a home in Springfield’s Old Hill neighborhood early Tuesday afternoon.
Dennis Leger, aide to the Springfield fire commissioner, told 22News that no one was hurt in the fire at 83 Greene Street. He said that the fire was caused by a roofer’s torch as work was being done on the home’s exterior.
Leger said that nearly all of the damage from the fire was to the exterior of the house, with some water damage inside the home.