NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) – Gone are the days of clipping coupons and sitting in the cold and waiting in long lines for the best Black Friday deals and door busters. Apps are a deal hunter’s dream and changing the way people shop.
It’s easy to get through the avalanche of ads for the biggest deals using Black Friday.com’s FREE mobile app.
If you do your research you’ll never miss out on a deal– and save LOTS OF MONEY.
The app lists hundreds of popular stores and thousands of deals. Many stores are offering steep discounts.
“Probably one of the bigger items would be the new drones are pretty exciting. We have a couple of those in the ad, obviously TVs and electronics are always big,” Target Manager, Rod Schmitt said.
Melissa Martin with BlackFriday.com shares some ideas on how to be a savvy shopper. Create a wish list with the app and get alerts when the item you want goes on sale! You can ad favorites and share the deals with friends. Check out the collection of deals. The app will show you the best deals and there is a filter where you can search for certain items.
It lets you know if the item is available now or if it’s a door buster.
Martin gives us a few tips with 8 things you need to know before you shop.
1. Know when the sales start. The most common start times for Black Friday deals are at Midnight and 5 to 6 am.
2. Add Items to your cart. If you see something you want online put it in your cart when the sale goes live you can get it before it’s gone.
3. Look for free shipping and In-Store Pickup to maximize your savings.
4. Look out for in-store coupon codes by texting a code or connecting to the store Wi-Fi.
5. Download Google Honey on your home PC. Honey finds coupons for you.
6. If you plan ahead some stores will let you use multiple coupons and that will save you more money.
7. You can shop online and In-store. Many black Friday deals go live before the stores even open so you can grab deals online.
8. Don’t forget to compare prices. A lot of stores match and even beat prices in the store and online.
Don’t stress if you miss out on the door busters there will be many sales going on through January. From December 16 through the 23 retailers mark things down. You can still use the Black Friday app on Cyber Monday.
Copyright 2015 WTNH