SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – You can expect to see more changes along the I-91 construction project in the coming weeks.
According to the MassDOT, crews will be paving along the East and West Columbus Avenues from Monday, November 9th to Friday, November 20th. The work will happen from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
The following intersections will be closed while the Joint Venture White-Schiavone pave and paint lines on the roadways:
- Week of November 9th
- Line Striping: East Columbus Avenue from Wilcox Street to Hampden Street
- Paving: East Columbus Avenue from Hampden Street to the I-91 North ramp
- Paving: West Columbus Avenue from Birnie Avenue to Hampden Street
- Week of November 16th
- Line Striping: East Columbus Avenue from Hampden Street to the I-91 North ramp
- Line Striping: West Columbus Avenue from Birnie Avenue to Hampden Street
The good news is the temporary ramp at Birnie Avenue is scheduled for completion. Then construction will begin on the temporary off-ramp for Dwight Street.
They’ll also be working along one of the ramps from 291W to 91S. You’ll also notice the installation of the Real-Time Traffic Management System.