CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Want to bake like a blue ribbon winner? Try this cookie recipe from home baker Michelle Pontbriant of Easthampton who won the Gold Medal Flour Cookie Contest at the 2015 BIG E Fair.
Oreo Toffee Graham Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups Gold Medal All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups granulated Oreo cookies (prepped in food processor)
- 1 cup granulated Golden Graham Cereal (prepped in food processor)
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped soft caramel
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet (regular size) chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, whisk Gold Medal flour, sea salt, baking powder, baking soda, granulated Oreos, and granulated Golden Grahams. Set aside.
With mixer, all at once, mix softened butter, shortening and sugars for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl, add melted butter, vanilla, and mix for 30 seconds. Add eggs, mix 30 seconds; scrape bowl. Add dry ingredients. Mix just until blended. Scrape bowl. Add caramel, toffee bits; scrape bowl. Mix in chocolate chips with spoon (by hand). Spoon onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
Bake for 12 minutes or until edges just start to brown.
Promotional consideration provided by The Big E, Gold Medal Flour and Oreo.