Cat escapes raging apartment fire

(WOOD) Twelve apartments were destroyed and at least 15 people were displaced after a Monday afternoon fire in Grandville, Michigan.

Firefighters say they were on scene within two minutes of being dispatched, quickly called in the Georgetown Township Fire Department to help, and were able to extinguish the flames in less than an hour.

One of the concerns among residents of the burning building was for the pets that remained inside. Aarin Vincent watched helplessly as firefighters worked to extinguish the fire, knowing her cat Harry was inside her apartment.

“Just in shock. Overwhelmed,” Vincent said as she watched. “Things can be replaced, but your animals…They’re like part of your family.”

She did not expect firefighters to put in the effort to get to her pet.

Read more: http://bit.ly/1GR77hq

Comments are closed.