CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Wipe off the dust from your photo boxes and get them organized and properly displayed! Rick Woods, Professional Organizer from The Functional Organizer told us how.
7 Steps to Organizing Your Physical Photos
1. Use boxes and bins to gather ALL of your physical photos in one place.
2. Make 3 piles: A, B, and C. Pile your photos using the A, B, C Method (A – Awesome/Scan Worthy; B – Beneficial/Good to Have; C – Cut/Trash)
3. Sort A & B photos by event and/or category (holiday/vacation/mom’s side/dad’s side/kids/couples/etc.)
4. Pick up some photo boxes to store your A & B photos (keep the A’s and B’s separated for future scanning options).
5. Create a photo album by event and/or category from your organized photos.
6. Optional (Send A photos to a scanning service).
7. Optional (When digital photos are scanned, load A photos onto computer)
5 Steps to Organizing Your Digital Photos
1. Move ALL your digital photos onto one computer.
2. Back up ALL your current digital photos from all your computers onto a separate backup drive.
3. Sort your digital photos by A, B, C Method (A – Awesome/Flag; B – Beneficial/Star; C – Cut/delete).
4. Sort A & B photos by event and/or category and place in digital folders (holidays/vacations/mom’s side/dad’s side/siblings/cousins/couples/weddings/etc.)
5. Order a digital photo book from a specific category to enjoy with friends and family.