CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Two candidates running for mayor of Greenfield debated at our 22News Broadcast Center Monday afternoon.
Incumbent Mayor William Martin talked about the issues with challenger Patty Morey Walker in one of several debates this month, leading to the November 3 elections. The format for these debates allows the candidates to question one another.
Some of the issues raised during Monday’s debate were business development downtown, education, and recreational opportunities for young people. Play the video to see what Martin and Morey Walker had to say.
You can watch the debate at 12:30 Monday on 22News and streaming live here on WWLP.com.
Here is the schedule for upcoming debates:
- Friday, October 23 – 12:30 P.M. – Pittsfield Candidate Conversation with Mayor Daniel Bianchi (Challenger Linda Tyer declined our invitation to debate)
- Monday, October 26 – 12:30 P.M. – West Springfield Debate between candidates Michael Finn and Will Reichelt
- Tuesday, October 27 – 12:30 P.M. – Holyoke Debate between Mayor Alex Morse and challenger Francis O’Connell
- Wednesday, October 28 – 12:30 P.M. – Westfield Debate between candidates Michael Roeder and Brian Sullivan
- Thursday, October 29– 12:30 P.M. – Chicopee Debate between Mayor Richard Kos and challenger Michael Bissonnette