Cause of Easthampton restaurant fire determined by fire marshal

Fire determined to be electrical in nature

EASTHAMPTON, Mass. (WWLP) – An electrical problem caused a fire Monday night that heavily damaged an Easthampton restaurant, and led to the temporary closure of other businesses in the area. According to a news release sent to 22News by the Easthampton Fire Department, the state fire marshal’s office determined the fire started in the basement of the Platinum Pony Restaurant and Nightclub on Cottage Street.

Firefighters from Holyoke, Northampton, Hadley, South Hadley, Southampton, and Westfield were called in to assist Easthampton firefighters while they worked to get the fire under control. A section of Cottage Street had to be closed during the overnight hours.

In addition to the Platinum Pony, there was water damage to the basement of the adjacent Platterpus Records store, and other neighboring businesses had to shut down due to the loss of electricity.

Comments are closed.