Seven people homeless after overnight fire in Springfield

The fire was likely caused by a candle on the second floor of the Forest Park home

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) –  Seven people were left without a home Thursday morning after a house fire in Springfield’s Forest Park neighborhood.

It happened around 12:30am at 66 Hall Street, off Dickinson Street, near The X.

Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News the fire was likely caused by a candle on the second floor. It also damaged the siding of both neighboring buildings.

No one was injured during the fire that was put out less than two hours after crews arrived. Firefighters were also able to save a cat that they pulled from the building.

The Red Cross is assisting the seven people who lived at the home.

Comments are closed.