Woman struck by foul ball suing Red Sox owner

Says area where she was hit is normally protected by glass, but that was removed for renovation

BOSTON (AP) — A woman injured by a foul ball while attending a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park has sued the team’s principal owner.

Stephanie Taubin, of Brookline, says in her lawsuit filed against John Henry on Wednesday that she was in an area above home plate known as the EMC Club on June 17, 2014 when she was struck by a ball that came through an area usually protected by glass. The glass had been removed for renovations.

The suit says Taubin suffered facial fractures and neurological damage. She is seeking unspecified damages.

The Red Sox said in a statement to The Boston Globe that while the organization doesn’t know the specifics of the suit and doesn’t comment on pending litigation, fan safety is a priority.

Henry also owns the Globe.

 

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments are closed.