GREENFIELD, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – The Buckley Healthcare Center in Greenfield has been providing a variety of health care services for their patients since 1985, including brain healthy food! Chef Mike Harrison, shared more about the Buckley Health Care Center and made two delicious dishes.
Buckley Healthcare Center
95 Laurel Street
Call (413) 774-3143 or visit BuckleyHealthcare.com.
1⁄2 basic pizza dough
5 ounces sliced ham
5 ounces Genoa Salami, sliced thinly
1 (10 ounce) box button mushrooms, sliced and sauteed or 2 cans mushrooms
2 large red peppers, sliced and roasted
1 large onion, sliced and roasted
3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3⁄4 cup shredded provolone cheese
1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano,etc.)
cornmeal, for pizza paddle
1. Preheat oven with pizza stone in it to 450 degrees.
2. If you don’t have a stone a baking sheet will do.
3. Sprinkle a little flour on your work surface.
4. Using a rolling pin roll dough into a 10 x 14 inch rectangle.
5. Cover the rectangle with layers of your desired toppings, leaving a 1 inch border around the sides and at the top.
6. Mix the 3 cheeses and the herbs together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top.
7. Starting at the end closest to you, roll the Stromboli into a log.
8. Seal the dough by pinching firmly with fingertips on sides and ends.
9. Sprinkle a little cornmeal on a pizza paddle and put Stromboli on the paddle.
10. Make sure the seam is on the bottom.
11. Use a pastry brush or a mister to apply olive oil.
12. Carefully place Stromboli on preheated stone, turn down oven to 400 degrees and bake for 35 minutes.
13. Carefully remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
14. Slice with a serrated knife.
32 oz. thin sliced rib eye or eye roll steak
6 T soy bean oil
Cheese (we recommend Cheez Whiz), but American or Provolone works fine
4 crusty Italian rolls
1 large Spanish onion
Sweet green and red peppers sauteed in oil (optional)
Mushrooms sauteed in oil (optional)
1. Heat an iron skillet or a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of oil to the pan and saute the onions to desired doneness. Remove the onions, then add the remaining oil and saute the slices of meat quickly on both sides.
3. While the meat is cooking, melt the Cheez Whiz in a double boiler or in the microwave. Once the meat is done, place 8 oz. of the meat into the rolls. Add onions, and pour the Cheez Whiz over top.
4. Garnish with your choice of hot or fried sweet peppers, mushrooms, ketchup — or all of the above.
Discover a different kind of care – one that ensures that you’re surrounded by people who make a difference in your life. In 11 states, patients feel right at home at National HealthCare Corporation’s more than 130 affiliated centers. Our family of centers deliver exceptional services in locations that are close to home and family, in line with our longtime commitment to provide a continuum of care to those who need our services at any age.
At NHC Buckley, Care is Our Business. Our skilled nursing and rehab center provides a full spectrum of health care services such as skilled 24 hour nursing care, long-term care, rehabilitation services and short-term respite care, palliative care and on-site hospice care. Please refer to our Services page for more information
We encourage you to review the information provided throughout this website that details what we offer our patients, families and community. Visitors are welcome any time to visit patients or tour our center.
Life may change, but it never gets old.
Promotional consideration provided by Buckley Healthcare Center.