Fire at a downtown apartment in Springfield has been put out

No one lived in the apartment where the fire started

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Springfield Fire Department has put out a fire inside a downtown apartment.

At around 2:30, the fire started in the first floor left apartment of this building at 12 Mattoon Street.

Springfield Fire Department Spokesperson Denis Leger told 22News no one lived in the apartment where the fire started.

The second floor was also damaged.

The Western Massachusetts Red Cross volunteers are helping tenant find temporary place to live.

Comments are closed.