Kitchen fire causes over $35K worth of damage

One person was taken to a local hospital

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The American Red Cross is helping 10 people Monday night after a kitchen fire on College Street in Springfield.

Springfield Fire Spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News the fire started around 7:02 p.m. Monday in the second floor kitchen of 205 College Street, a two and a half story house. The fire caused about 35 to 40 thousand dollars’ worth of damage.

Leger said five people lived on the first floor, three people lived on the second floor, and two people lived on the third floor. All residents are now homeless. One person was taken to a local hospital with chest pains.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s