25-year-old man is Hartford’s 20th homicide victim

25-year-old man is Hartford's 20th homicide victim.

Photo Courtesy: MGNonline

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A 25-year-old man has died after a Saturday night shooting in Hartford.

Police said Sunday that they received several calls about gunshots on Blue Hills Avenue just before 9 p.m. Shortly afterward, a gunshot victim arrived at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in a private car.

Police said Devon Mitchell of East Hartford had multiple gunshot wounds and was taken into surgery. He was pronounced dead just before 11:30 p.m. from his injuries.

His death is the city’s 20th homicide of the year. There were 19 last year. The city has asked for state assistance in battling the apparent spike in fatal shootings.

Comments are closed.