SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A powerful storm system rolled through western Massachusetts, leaving multiple reports of damage across the region.
At 7:30pm, Eversource Energy reported roughly 500 power outages in western Massachusetts. The large majority of outages were in Berkshire County, particularly in the towns of Tyringham and Richmond. By 8:30pm, power had been restored to nearly half of those residences.
Damage reports from around western Massachusetts:
Amherst: Pea-sized hail has been reported.
Blandford: Quarter-sized hail is being reported. A large tree has fallen off the side of North Blandford Road; the tree is not obstructing the road.
East Otis: Quarter-sized hail has been reported. Large branches have fallen on Algeire Road.
Hadley: A tree is down on Route 47. Many tree limbs have fallen around the area.
- A tree and wires have fallen in the area of 152 Main Street.
- Wires are down in the area of 71 Main Street.
- Wires are also reported down on Bridge Street.
Huntington: Pea-sized hail is being reported.
Great Barrington: There are reports of trees down in several locations.
- A tree is reported down on top of power lines on Christian Hill Road
- A tree and another large branch are reported to have fallen on Dehon Road
- Another tree is down along Route 23
South Egremont: A tree and power lines are reported to have fallen on Main Street.
Tyringham: Several trees are down on Main Road. One of those trees fell down onto a car.
Westhampton: Lightning is reported to have struck a house on East Hampton Road. Burn marks were found on the house’s electrical panel, but no fire was started.