CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) See you you can make a delicious dish that will prepare you to give blood! Kathleen Delaney, Personal Chef from MyGreatGrapes.com showed us how to make ‘Iron Super Heroes’
IRON SUPER HEROES
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 minced shallots
- 1/2 cup Black beans
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
- 5 large (8- to 9-ounce) bunches fresh spinach, stem ends and roots trimmed, rinsed well
- 4 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place sesame seeds, shallots and beans in heavy skillet; sprinkle lightly with salt. Stir over medium heat until seeds are light golden, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Line large colander with kitchen towel. Pack spinach, with water still clinging to leaves, into heavy large pot. Cook over high heat until wilted but still bright green, turning spinach with tongs for even cooking, about 4 minutes. Transfer spinach to prepared colander. Cool slightly. Wrap towel around spinach and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Transfer spinach to work surface and chop coarsely. Place in medium bowl. Add sesame oil, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce. Toss to blend evenly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)