Family homeless after fire in South Hadley

2 people were taken to the hospital as a precaution.

SOUTH HADLEY, Mass. (WWLP) – A family of four is homeless after a fire at a home in South Hadley Tuesday night.

Firefighters were called to 10 Waite Avenue just before 8:30pm Tuesday. South Hadley Fire Captain Tom Stark told 22News it took about 15 minutes to put out the fire.

He said the fire started on the home’s back porch and spread to the living room. Two people were taken to the hospital as a precaution and are expected to be okay.

Comments are closed.