Spectators injured by stray firework in Colorado

(NBC) – A few spectators watching a fireworks show in Avon, Colorado suffered burn injuries after one of the rockets malfunctioned and fired itself into the crowd.

The accident happened during the “Salute to the USA” show at Harry A. Nottingham Park Friday night.

Officials said one of the shells exploded inside its case, causing the others to tip over and fire into the crowd.

First responders said no one was seriously injured. Organizers ended the show after the accident.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s