(WWLP) – Independence Day is celebrated every year on July 4, but because the holiday falls on a weekend this year, many government entities observed the holiday on Friday. Still, there will be some changes to services you normally come to expect on a Saturday, such as mail delivery. Here is a look at what’s open, and what is closed on the Fourth:
- Banks: Most closed
- Malls: Open, but most closing early- see below for hours
- Post Office: Closed, no mail delivery
- Public Transportation: See below for schedule changes and cancellations
- Restaurants: Most open
- Retail stores: Most open, but many closing early
- Supermarkets: Open, but most closing by 9:00 P.M.
Public Transportation schedule changes:
- BRTA: No service
- FRTA: Does not operate on weekends
- PVTA: Buses operating on Sunday service
Shopping Mall hours- Anchor stores, restaurants, and cinemas may be open later:
- Berkshire Mall: Open 10:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Eastfield Mall: Open 10:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.
- Enfield Square Mall: Open 10:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Hampshire Mall: Open 10:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Holyoke Mall at Ingleside: Open 10:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Lee Premium Outlets: Open 9:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.
- Thornes Marketplace: Closed