CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Treat your four-legged friends to an extra special cupcake made just for them! Shawn Sherry, Owner of Paw Street Barkery in Chicopee, showed us how to make double berry ‘pupcakes.’
Double Berry ‘Pupcakes’
(1) cup of fresh blueberries
(1) cup of fresh strawberries
(2) cups of quick oats
(1) cup of water
1/2 cup of carob
2 Tbs of canola oil
Mixing spoons or electric mixer
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Into a blender add (1) cup of washed and cut strawberries, (1) cup of blueberries, and (1) cup of water.
3. Blend for approximately (10) seconds, or until all fruit is puréed.
4. Add the fruit mixture to the oats.
5. Mix with spoon or electric mixer until a dough is formed.
6. Pace paper inserts into the cupcake trays.
7. Using the spoon, scoop dough to fill each tray to the top, pushing down on the dough to fill in the cups where needed.
8. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
9. Let the Pupcakes cool for 2-3 hours.
10. Place the (1) cup of carob and (2) Tbs of canola oil into the microwaveable cup.
11. Microwave the mixture for 45 seconds.
12. Use a spoon to stir the carob mixture until it is completely melted and smooth.
13. Drizzle the carob over the top of the cooled Pupcakes and let harden.