BENTON HARBOR, Mich. (WOOD) — Benton Harbor police say one juvenile lost a hand and another sustained facial injuries when a homemade firework exploded.
It happened just before 2 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of Pavone Street, according to the Benton Harbor Department of Public Safety.
When officers arrived on the scene, they found the juveniles, ages 12 and 14, had been injured when a homemade firework went off. One lost his left hand. The other sustained minor injuries to his face.
Both were taken to the hospital.
Copyright 2015 WOODTV8