Holyoke house fire leaves three homeless

The victims are staying with family

HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – An electrical power strip overloaded in a house in Holyoke Saturday, causing three people to lose their home.

Holyoke Fire Captain Anthony Cerrutti told 22News luckily, the family of three had working smoke detectors and were able to make it out of the burning home safely, along with their dog.

The fire started at 203 Ontario Avenue at around 10 o’clock Saturday morning. Captain Cerrutti said the fire started in the basement, but caused smoke damage throughout the home.

The victims are staying with family.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s