Everyone safe following Westfield apartment fire

Most residents expected to be able to return home

WESTFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Some food left on the stove caused a fire in a Westfield apartment building late Friday morning.

Deputy Fire Chief Mark Devine told 22News that the fire started in an upstairs apartment at the Midtown Apartments at 79 Franklin Street. He said that a woman was cooking and left food on the stove. When she came back, there was a fire in the kitchen

Everyone got out of the building safely, and Devine says the damage is confined to that one apartment.

He said that the building’s electrical system is being checked out before the residents of the other apartments can return home.

Comments are closed.