CHICOPEE, Mass (Mass Appeal) – “J” is for herbal JOY! Our series on ‘Herbs: A to Z’ continues with herbs that begin with the letter ‘J.’ Carol Joyce is the Owner of White Buffalo Herbs in Warwick, shared more about Jack-in-the-pulpit; Jasmine; Jewelweed; Joe Pye Weed; Juniper.
JASMINE FLOWER Tea
- 1 Tablespoon Jasmine flowers (fresh)
- 1 cup boiling Water
- Tea Strainer
- Honey (optional)
- 1.Pick enough jasmine flowers to fill a tablespoon.
- 2.Put in cup.
- 3.Pour boiling water over.
- 4.Steep 15 minutes.
- 5. Strain.
- 6.Add honey, to taste.
- Often used to calm nervousness or as a love potion!
Jewelweed Anti-Itch Juice (for poison Ivy & Oak)
- 5 stems of fresh jewelweed (shake any dirt off, discard roots)
- Blender or Mortar & Pestle
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil (optional)
- 1. Blend or smash up stems (they will be very juicy)
- 2. Apply to skin hourly, to help soothe & dry up skin covered with rash.
- 3. Don’t wash off.
To follow our series on Herbs ‘A to Z’ click here.