CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Don’t know what to make for dinner tonight? How about a simple Mediterranean baked chicken dish, it’s packed with flavor, easy to make and sure to be a family favorite! Personal Chef Bill Collins from ChefBill.com showed us how to make it.
1 cut-up chicken, or 12 chicken thighs
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
1 red pepper, seeded and cut into slices
3 fresh tomatoes, seeded and cut into wedges, or 1 14 oz can whole tomatoes
½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and pressed flat
6-8 fresh basil leaves, cut into slices
Parmesan cheese for serving
1 9″ x 13″ roasting pan (glass is good, too)
1. Place the chicken in the pan
2. For the marinade, in a bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour this over the chicken, and make sure each piece is coated with it. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2-8 hours, turning once, if possible.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°
4. Arrange the onion, pepper, tomatoes and olives around the chicken. Spoon the marinade over the chicken and vegetables
5. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 35-45 minutes. Baste every 10-12 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken from, the pan, and add one half of the basil leaves to the sauce. Adjust the flavor with salt and pepper
7. Serve with Parmesan cheese, and garnish with remaining basil leaves.