CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Get your pet in the Easter spirit! Shawn Sherry from the Paw Street Barkery in Chicopee showed us how to make treats and told us how we can get our pet’s picture taken with the Easter bunny!
Carob Pet Treats:
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups of carob chips
- 4 tbs canola oil
- Dry measuring cup
- Wet measuring cup
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters
- Baking sheet
- Oven mitt
- Wax paper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2. Measure out oats, water and peanut butter.
- 3. Combine oats, water and peanut butter into mixing bowl.
- 4. Mix to uniform dough with mixing spoon.
- 5. Place dough onto flat clean surface and roll to 1/2″ thick with rolling pin.
- 6. Cut with desired shape cookie cutter.
- 7. Place onto cookie sheet and place cookie sheet into oven.
- 8. Bake for 30 minutes, or until treats are hardened.
- 9. Allow treats to completely cool.
- 10. Place 2 cups of carob into coffee cup (to melt into microwave) or double boiler.
- 11. Pour 4 tablespoons of canola oil over the carob.
- 12. Place coffee cup into microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds or slowly melt over double boiler. If in microwave, take and mix melted carob until uniformly melted.
- 13. Place a sheet of wax paper over empty cookie sheet.
- 14. Take cooled cookies, one at a time, and dip into carob so that the bottom half of the treat becomes covered.
- 15. Place dipped treat onto wax paper.
- 16. Place completed tray into refrigerator or freezer to harden carob.
- 17. Serve! Treats will last 3-4 days non-refrigerated, or about 2 weeks refrigerated.