ATHOL, Mass. (WWLP) – Two men are facing a number of drug charges after they were arrested in Athol.
District Attorney Communications Director, Mary Carey, told 22 news that 40-year-old Juan Vega and 26-year-old Joshua Davoren, both of Athol, were arrested after a heroin investigation.
Vega was arrested at his Cottage Street home around 5:00am, Thursday. Police say they found the drug Suboxone and more than $2,000 in cash. He is charged with possession of a class B substance and conspiracy to violate the control substance act. Police say a woman in the home will be summoned to court for the same charges.
Davoren was arrested at his Hamlet Street home at the same time on Thursday. Police say they found drugs, a shotgun and more than $18,000 in cash. Davoren is facing several charges:
- Possession of a firearm and ammunition without a firearm ID card
- Possession of a firearm in commission of a felony
- Possession with intent to distribute a class B substance (cocaine)
- Possession with intent to distribute a class A substance (heroin)
- Two counts of possession of a class C substance (oxycodone & clonazepam)
The pair are being held without bail and will be arraigned in Orange District Court on Friday.