CHICOPEE, Mass (Mass Appeal) – Our series on ‘Herbs: A to Z’ continues with herbs that begin with the letter ‘F.’ Carol Joyce is the Owner of White Buffalo Herbs in Warwick, shared more about herbs Feverfew, Flax, Fennel and Fir.
Quick ITALIAN Seasoning for Sausage Patties (Tasty at any meal)
1 teaspoon dried FENNEL seed
1 teaspoon dried GINGER
1 teaspoon DAILY DASH
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 lb ground pork
Optional: Hot pepper to taste
1. Mix dry ingredients together.
2. Add dry ingredients into ground pork & mix well (with hands)
3. Make into sausage patties.
4. Pan fry in black skillet until cooked thoroughly!
5. Drain oil & pat dry.
6. Nice for breakfast, but tasty with spaghetti sauce for lunch or dinner.
FIR Foot Lotion (Nice for hands, too)
Organic Douglas Fir Essential Oil
2 oz. Unscented Body Lotion (or use your favorite)
2 oz. squeeze bottle
Vitamin E capsule
1. Pour Lotion into squeeze bottle.
2. Add 1 capsule Vit E oil to lotion
3. Add 15-20drops of essential oil to lotion & shake gently.
4. Rub on hot or tired feet. Rejuvenating!
To follow our series on Herbs ‘A to Z’ click here.