Carbon monoxide leak in Springfield

A fire spokesman says elevated levels of carbon monoxide were detected in the building.

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Springfield Fire Department and Western Massachusetts Electric Company responded to a carbon monoxide leak at around 10pm Thursday night at 32 Byers Street.

Springfield Fire Department Spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News firefighters were able to evacuate tenants in the building before going into the basement to investigate the leak. Leger says the carbon monoxide reached 4 levels in the building.

When 22News arrived firefighters and Eversource Energy workers were still in the basement investigating and were unable to provide further information

We’re covering this story and will have the latest online and on 22News at 4:30 Friday morning.

Comments are closed.