CONWAY, Mass. (WWLP) – No one was hurt after a maple sugar house caught fire Sunday in the Franklin County town of Conway.
It happened just after 1 o’clock Sunday afternoon at the Boyden Brothers Maple Sugar House at 642 South Deerfield Road.
Conway Fire Chief Robert Baker told 22News a spark from a wood burning stove traveled up the stack, out of the sugar house and landed on the grass outside. The grass caught fire, and then the outside of the sugar house caught fire.
About half a dozen people were eating inside at the time, but they were all able to escape.
The sugar house is expected to reopen in a few days.