Nanny: Aaron Hernandez tried to kiss me

Fortier said she never felt threatened

FALL RIVER, Mass. (WPRI) — A woman that used to babysit for Aaron Hernandez’s daughter testified Monday in the former NFL player’s murder trial.

A couple of days before Odin Lloyd was shot to death, Jennifer Fortier said she ran into Hernandez in Boston. She told the jury she asked him for a ride to her friend’s car, but instead of dropping her off, Hernandez kept driving.

“I kept telling him I needed to get out because I was the babysitter, and I was uncomfortable,” Fortier recalled. “He said it was OK.”

Lloyd and Fortier’s friend were also in the SUV. She said they ended up at Hernandez’s so-called flop house in Franklin, and he called her into his bedroom.

“He kissed me and I pushed him away and told him ‘no, I’m your nanny, I can’t do this,’” Fortier testified. “He said he understood and that it was OK and that he wasn’t mad at me.”

Fortier said she never felt threatened throughout the ordeal.

The jury was also shown surveillance footage captured at Hernandez’s home a few hours before Lloyd was murdered.

The video shows Hernandez and his fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins, pulling out of the driveway just before 9 p.m. on June 16, 2013.

At midnight, before the couple returns home, a silver car pulls into the driveway. Ernest Wallace gets out of the driver’s side, Carlos Ortiz gets out of the passenger side, and both men stay in the driveway for a few minutes as they change their shirts.

Both Wallace and Ortiz have pleaded not guilty to murder charges in the case, and will be tried separately from Hernandez.

After changing their shirts, the two men walk to the front door. Fortier said she was startled, but let them inside.

“They came over and said hi to the baby, and then I don’t know where they went,” she testified.

Fortier stated there was nothing unusual about their behavior. She said Hernandez and Jenkins returned home a short time later, before Hernandez, Wallace, and Ortiz all left together at about 1 a.m.

The prosecution says Lloyd was last seen in Hernandez’s company at about 2:30 a.m. on June 17. The 27-year-old, who was dating Jenkins’ sister, was found shot to death at about 5:30 a.m. at an industrial park a little more than a mile from Hernandez’s home in North Attleboro.

Diane Fife Biagiotti of the Massachusetts State Police Crime Lab DNA unit also finished up her testimony.

On Friday, the defense questioned how the shell casing was tested, and how it was matched with Hernandez’s DNA.

Biagiotti testified that the shell casing could have been contaminated from the blue bubble gum that was stuck to the casing. She said the gum was never tested.

Copyright 2015

Comments are closed.