CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Forget takeout, we’re going to show you how to make a delicious Asian dish that’s quick and easy to make! Personal Chef Bill Collins from ChefBill.com showed us how to make a simple stir-fry.
Asian Orange Beef Broccoli and Red Peppers
1 ½ pound steak tips, or flank steak, thinly sliced
½ cup, plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons sherry or Marsala wine
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn starch
3 scallions, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 red pepper, chopped
1 onion, sliced
zest from 1 orange
canola oil to stir fry
1. Slice the beef and set aside. Combine ½ cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sherry, brown sugar, and corn starch. Add the beef and set aside.
2. Combine scallions, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine chix stock, vinegar, sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Set aside.
4. Remove the beef from the marinade, and set the marinade aside.
5. Over a medium-high heat, add two teaspoons of oil, and ½ of the beef, browning it on both sides, and remove. Repeat with other half, and remove from pan. Set aside.
6. Add one teaspoon of oil, and sauté scallion mixture for 10-20 seconds, or until it becomes fragrant but does not get brown or burned.
7. Add the chicken stock mixture, with remaining marinade. Simmer for two minutes. Add remaining vegetables, and cook to you liking.
8. Add beef back into the pan, with the orange zest. Heat through, and serve.