Indian Orchard home damaged in fire

No one was injured in the fire

INDIAN ORCHARD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield firefighters were able to put out a very smoky fire inside an Indian Orchard home late Monday morning.

lorimer street fire 2Dennis Leger, aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner, told 22News that no one was inside the house at 74 Lorimer Street when the fire started in the basement around 10:45 A.M.

Leger said that the fire was caused by an electrical problem.

The woman who lives in the house is being helped by the Red Cross until she can return home.

No firefighters were hurt.

Comments are closed.