CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Whether you’re searching for a new job or thinking about a career change, figuring out what you’re passionate about in life can help you uncover your dream job. Business and Career Coach Angela Lussier, shared tips on how you can figure out your passions.
Finding Your Passion
1. Start with something you do each day (cooking a meal, paying bills, exercising, planning an event)
2. Break that activity down into “micro-tasks” so you can pay attention to each piece of it as you go through it
3. Rate each micro-task on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being “dislike” and 5 being “love”.
4. Once the activity is completed, look back at the rated micro-tasks and pay attention to the ones with high scores. Those are the things you are passionate about!
5. Taken out of context, how can those activities be translated into jobs?
Finding Your Dream Job
1. Finding your passion
2. Strengths and weaknesses
3. How to get a promotion at work
4. Is business ownership for you?
5. The 5 biggest mistakes made on a resume/cover letter
6. Social media presence; understanding your online footprint
7. How to network
8. Searching/Applying for jobs 101
9. Interviewing 101; Important questions to ask
10. Dress for success; what you should and shouldn’t wear on a job interview