CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Do you know a hero? Someone who has made our community safer or who has gone above and beyond to help someone in need?
Executive Director of the American Red Cross of Western Massachusetts Kim Goulette joins us along with Sarah Corrigan, Board Chair for the Red Cross Hometown Heroes Event joined us
to let you know how you can nominate someone.
The American Red Cross is searching for extraordinary individuals who have demonstrated heroism. At our annual Hometown Heroes Breakfast, we will honor local people who have shown courage, kindness, and unselfish character in an attempt to save a life, or in giving selflessly to their community.
Do you know a hero–someone who has performed a heroic or life-saving act? Someone who has made our community safer or who has gone above and beyond to help someone in need? Then nominate your Hero today by clicking on the link below.
A volunteer advisory committee comprised of community leaders will select the Heroes to be recognized. Awards will be presented at the Hometown Heroes Breakfast on Thursday, March 19, 2015.
The nominees must meet the following criteria to be considered for the 2015 Hometown Heroes award:
1. Nominations are open to all residents of Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin Counties.
2. Information must be verifiable.
3. Must have performed heroic or life-saving act after January 1, 2014.
4. Nomination Statement – Please describe the incident clearly and in detail. (Tip: The more detail you give the better the selection committee will understand the heroic act.)
5. Supporting Documentation — Please include any reports, news articles, or names and telephone numbers of witnesses (this is required).
To download a printable Nomination Form, click here.
For more information, click here