Electrical fire damages a house in Holyoke

Firefighters had to shut off the electricity

HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – Two families are hoping to get back in their house Monday night after an overloaded electrical outlet caught fire in the flats section of the city.

Holyoke Deputy Fire Chief Thomas Shea told 22News the outlet sparked a fire in an ornamental electrical heater at 45 North Summer Street. Firefighters had to open up the walls to stop the fire.

Firefighter shut off the electricity to both apartment units in the two and half family house, forcing eight or nine people out Monday. No one was hurt.

Comments are closed.