GREENFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Wednesday’s snow storm slowed Greenfield firefighters’ response to a chimney fire at 28 Old Albany Rd Wednesday night.
Greenfield fire Lt. Keith Gamage told 22News a homeowner called emergency personnel at around 5:00 pm Wednesday for a house fire.
Fire Capt. William Schneider told 22News one of the fire trucks momentarily got stuck in the snow on the way to the house. Once they arrived, firefighters had to carry extinguishers up to the house because the driveway hadn’t been plowed yet, and the house was set back from the road.
Four people were home at the time, but no one was injured.
Damage to the house was described as “minor.”.