HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – Holyoke Police Narcotics units arrested a 27-year-old man from Holyoke and found a .357 Revolver that was reported stole from Rutland, Mass.
According to Holyoke Police Lt. Jim Albert, on October 29th, officers arrested Michael Melendez after an investigation showed that heroin was being distributed from his residence at 61 St. James Street in Holyoke.
- Photos: November Mug Shots
Lt. Albert said police seized a stolen Taurus .357 Revolver and 6 rounds of ammunition, and about 13 grams of heroin, 3.5 grams of cocaine, and 1 gram of marijuana.
Michael Melendez was charged with the following:
- Possession to Distribute Class A (Heroin) – 5 counts
- Possession of a Class A (Heroin)
- Distribution of a Class A (Heroin)
- Possession of Firearm Ammo w/out FID Card
- Possession of a Firearm w/out a License
- Possession of a Class B (Cocaine)
- Possession to Distribute Class B (Cocaine)
- Receiving Stolen Property (Handgun – stolen in Rutland, MA)
Michael Melendez was arraigned in Holyoke District Court.
Holyoke Police Narcotics units were assisted by units from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and the FBI’s Western Mass Gang Task Force (GTF).