HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – A 20-year-old man from Holyoke was arrested Wednesday after a U.S. Postal Inspector called police to investigate a suspicious package intended for 145 Essex Street.
Holyoke Police Lt. Jim Albert told 22News that the Holyoke Police Narcotics Unit went to the apartment on Essex Street and arrested Joel Javier Ruiz-Valentin around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- Photos: November Mug Shots
Lt. Albert said police found 3 handguns and ammunition; the firearms sieved were an H&R Model 732 Revolver (.32 caliber), Interarms Model A-80 (Semi-Auto .45 caliber), and Hi-Point Model JHP (Semi-Auto .45 caliber).
Also seized were about 7 grams of heroin, 12 grams of cocaine, 5 grams of marijuana, 200 Alprazolam pills, and packaging materials, which is consistent with street level narcotics distribution operations.
Joel Javier Ruiz-Valentin is facing the following charges:
- Possession of a Class A (Heroin)
- Possession to Distribute Class A (Heroin)
- Possession of a Class B (Cocaine)
- Possession to Distribute Class B (Cocaine)
- Possession of a Class E (Alprazolam)
- Possession to Distribute Class D (Marijuana)
- Possession to Distribute Class E (Alprazolam)
- Possession of a Firearm w/out a License – 3 counts
- Possession of Ammo w/out an FID card – 2 counts
- Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony
- Improper Weapons Storage – 3 counts
- Receiving Stolen Property (H&R handgun)
Ruiz-Valentin was arraigned in Holyoke District Court earlier Thursday.