SOUTH HADLEY, Mass. (WWLP) – South Hadley Firefighters dealt with a house fire on Grandview Street, Friday afternoon, where the homeowner had 13 dogs.
South Hadley Fire Lt. Jason Houle told 22News firefighters were called to 4 Grandview Street around 12:30 Friday afternoon for a kitchen fire. Smoke was first seen from the garage by a neighbor, who called 911.
Firefighters were able to find all 13 of the homeowner’s dogs. Unfortunately, several of the dogs had to be taken to the animal hospital. It was later announce Friday night that 7 of the dogs died fro their injuries.
The American Red Cross is now helping the woman who lives there.