CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) It’s time to add the flavor of fall to your cocktails! Mary Mercier, manager of the Yarde Tavern in South Hadley showed us how to make delicious drinks.
Apple Cider Margaritas
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce gold tequila
- 5-6 ounces sweet apple cider
- Orange and apple slices
- Cinnamon + cane sugar + coarse sugar for glass rimming
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Add a few spoonfuls of cane sugar, coarse sugar and cinnamon to a plate. Run an orange segment around the edge of the glass, then press into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat the rim.
- Add a few orange slices in the bottom of the glass, fill with ice, then add the Grand Marnier, tequila and apple cider and stir to mix. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Martini
- 1 graham cracker, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 3/4 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger vanilla flavored vodka
- 1/2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger creme de cacao
- 1 pinch pumpkin pie spice
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a shallow dish. Coat rim of martini glass with honey, and dip into graham cracker crumbs to coat.
- Combine milk and pumpkin puree in a cocktail shaker, and shake to combine. Pour in vodka and creme de cacao, and add ice.
- Shake well, and then strain into prepared martini glass. Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Pumpkin Buttered Rum
- 6 oz. Boiling Water
- 2 TBSP Pumpkin Butter (See below for recipe)
- 1 ½ oz. Dark Rum
- Whipped Cream
- Non-alcoholic just delete Rum
- Put the boiling water into a mug.
- Add pumpkin butter and stir well.
- Add rum and stir again
- Garnish with whipped cream