CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) We’ve got a delicious dish for you right out of Italy! Cindy Barbieri from Cindy’s Table showed us how to make chicken caprese.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved or whole
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced in 1/2 inch thick slices
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Take the chicken breast and if thick slice in half (carefully by holding down the top of the breast and sliding your sharp chefs knife along the breast the long way). Top with clear wrap and use a mallet to thin breast out evenly.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat add tablespoon olive oil.
- Once the oil is very hot add chicken and cook each side for 5 minutes. Only flip once.
- Add in tomatoes and dried parsley; continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth and let it come to a boil. Add in butter and stir around the broth.
- Top the chicken pieces with mozzarella and basil. Cover lightly with foil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make your basil dressing.
- To serve Plate chicken with tomatoes and add some of the broth.
- Drizzle with the basil dressing then enjoy ever bite!
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 5 anchovies
- 1 lemon juiced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Add all ingredients to your mini-chopper or food processor until smooth.