CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Fish is so healthy, but why are so many people afraid to make it at home? Michael Tesoro the Owner, & Chef at Ooma Tesoro’s Marinara
showed us a recipe for Cod with lemons and honey in panko.
Cod with lemons and honey in panko
- 1lb fresh local cod (rinsed with cold water and patted dry) cut in to 2 pieces.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 4 tablespoons
- Juice of 3 lemons (strained with no seeds)
- 6 cloves of garlic (peeled smashed with knife)
- 2 medium sweet onions (chopped)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 flakes crushed red pepper
- sea salt/black pepper
- Have rinsed fresh cod ready, patted dry. pour 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil in one pan and brown/carmelize chopped onions then take out and set aside leaving oil in pan and heating up. (this will be for the cod)
- Brown garlic in another pan using 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add strained lemon juice, white wine, honey cooked down a little bit then add the onions and flakes of red pepper, let simmer until it becomes reduced a little.
- Have panko ready in flat dish, beat egg and add a little salt and pepper. dredge cod in egg mix coating and then into the panko all sides. cook 3 minutes on each side in hot oil. hot and fast. should be brown on each side. set on palte lined with paper towel to drain extra oil.
- Serve and pour lemon, honey, onion, garlic sauce over it. and serve with vegetable and pasta of your choice (maybe broccoli or zucchini and angel hair pasta)