19yr-old killed in Enfield identified, 4 arrested

Police investigating if a stolen car found in Windsor is connected to the shooting

Jonathan Torres (Photo Courtesy: WTNH.com)

ENFIELD, Conn.  (WWLP) — A young man was shot and killed late Wednesday night just over the Massachusetts state line, in Enfield, Connecticut.

Enfield Police identified the man who was shot and killed outside his home as 19-year-old Jonathan Torres. Torres was shot once in the chest on Prospect Street in the Thompsonville neighborhood at about 9 o’clock Wednesday night. The young man was taken to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, where he died.

Enfield police, along with Connecticut State Police Major Crimes Unit, had the neighborhood blocked-off for about eight hours overnight. Sgt. Dan Casale told 22News that while this is still very early on in their investigation, they are calling this a homicide.

Capt. Fred Hall of the Enfield police told 22News that four people were arrested by Enfield police in response to a stolen car that was pulled over in Windsor overnight; the car had earlier been spotted in Enfield.

According to our affiliate station, WTNH.com, police identified the adults under arrest as 18-year-old Takai Brown of Bridgeport, and 18-year-old Cheyenne Concepcion of Enfield. They and the two unnamed juveniles are each charged with two counts of larceny and gun-relatd charges. The juveniles are also from Bridgeport, police said.

Home on prospect St. in Enfield where a teen was shot and killed, Sept. 3, 2014.
Home on prospect St. in Enfield where a teen was shot and killed, Sept. 3, 2014.

“The car they were in at the time was stolen,” Chief Carl Sferrazza said. “There was also a handgun in the car, so the four individuals were arrested for larceny in the third degree for the car, possession of a handgun without a permit, and weapons in a motor vehicle.”

One of Torres’ neighbors told 22News the shooting has rattled residents there. Crystel Atkison said, “It makes me feel unsafe around here you know, like it’s very unsafe. This is the first time I hear somebody got shot around here since I moved here. I live here about 8 years now.”

Police detectives were still out investigating as of early Thursday afternoon.

Comments are closed.