Delaney’s still smoldering after destructive fire

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — New Haven firefighters continued to pour water this morning on the smoldering remains of Delaney’s Tap Room, which was destroyed by fire.

Crews were called to the business in the Westville section of the city Monday evening. For hours a large crowd watched helplessly as the building just kept burning. Delaney’s owner tells News 8 he heard a popping sound and ran downstairs because he thought there was an electrical problem.

That’s when he saw the flames coming from the main circuit breaker. He made sure everyone got out and then tried to save his business.

ORIGINAL STORY: Delaney’s pub catches fire

A pair of firefighters were hurt while battling the fire but are expected to be okay.

The building was also home to ten people who lived in apartments above the restaurant. They made it out but lost everything.

Whalley Ave. remains closed between Fountain and Ella Grasso for the firefighting effort.

blog comments powered by Disqus